Sunshine Coast welcomes Paradise Seaplanes
27 Mar 2015
After a 3 month trial period, new tourism business Paradise Seaplanes has secured Sunshine Coast Council approval to operate from the Maroochy riverbank until June 30, 2016 when permits for all businesses operating from Council land will be reviewed. Having previously obtained approval from Maritime Safety Queensland to conduct this business on the river, this final approval from Council is welcome news for business owner and operator Shawn Kelly.
Being the only business of it’s kind in the Sunshine Coast region, Paradise Seaplanes is a welcome addition to the variety of experiences offered to visitors and locals alike.
Facts about the aircraft:
- Type of plane: Wilga 80 Seaplane.
- The aircraft was originally designed in the 1950’s as an observation aircraft.
- It is powered by a 9 cylinder radial engine
- It is stable, slow and offers better views than a helicopter.
- This is one of a few Wilga 80’s on floats in the world. It is the only one in Australia.
Paradise Seaplanes offers a range of flights over the beautiful Sunshine Coast. They will even remove the doors for added excitement!!
For more information view www.paradiseseaplanes.com.au or phone Shawn and Sandi on 0437 719 088.